Ham is to Easter what turkey is to Thanksgiving. Not only is it a main dish, it’s also the main ingredient in a number of favorite holiday recipes like this one for Ham and Cheese Casserole.
Ham and Cheese Casserole Ingredients: 8 oz of Pasta Noodles (bow-tie or penne) ¼ cup butter ½ Teaspoon granulated garlic ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon pepper ½ teaspoon dry mustard 1 cup milk 1 cup of half and half
2 ½ cups of Colby jack cheese (cubed) ¼ cup of cheddar cheese ¼ cup of flour (all purpose) 2 cups of smoked ham
1. Smoke ham according to the recipe shared via Cook Shack (Tin Hut BBQ’s preferred smoker) in our article “5 Easter Dishes You Can Grill, Smoke, or BBQ”
2. Preheat oven to 350 3. Boil pasta noodles for about 13 minutes. I add a teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil to the water.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat melt butter and sauté garlic for about 30 seconds (careful not to burn). Add flour and stir with a whisk, add salt and pepper.
5. Pour in milk a little at a time, stirring constantly
6. Bring mixture to a boil for 1 minute.
7. Stir in dry mustard
8. Add Colby jack cheese
9. Continue to cook, stirring until cheese is melted
10. Remove from heat, stir in pasta and ham
11. Pour into a baking dish, sprinkle with cheddar cheese
12. Bake 20-25 minutes until bubbly and golden.
Find more Easter Recipes in our article “5 Easter Dishes You Can Grill, Smoke, or BBQ”
Tin Hut BBQ is Oahu’s Premiere BBQ Catering Company
We provide catering services for any size party, from Military Celebrations and Ceremonies, Seated Wedding Dinners, Elegant Parties, and Corporate Events to Baby’s First Birthday, Fundraisers and Backyard BBQs.